Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Shadow's Glow by Christopher Lincoln

This is a carefully woven tale that is almost ghostly...

Mr. Lincoln shared a digital copy of this story with me (thank you).  You can find more information about it and see a sample of the illustrated text here:  Mr. Lincoln's website .  The book is available on iTunes.

This is the second book I've read by this author and I really admire his writing style.  It seems like he takes you by the hand and leads you gently through his story.

The story is written for young ones and the most important characters (to me at least) were not the Duke or the Princess.  It was the Duke's Shadow and the Princess' Glow.  They were both lonely and wanted to wander at night, but they were stuck with their people.  Until one night, when everything changed...

This is a magical story filled with illustrations that remind me a bit of Edward Gorey's work.  While it is a short story, it's well thought out and complete.  I enjoyed it.  Why don't you give a try?  I bet you'll end up rooting for the same "characters" I do!

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of this and love stories with that magical touch - I am on blogger 'Loki's Circlet of Cloud' but not sure how to ad people yet - take care, Steve AKA Loki or theplotbunny (my dream width handle)

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...