Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crystalfire by Kate Douglas

Taron is a scholar.  He's been trained as a warrior and he has a sword, but it won't talk to him.  After years, he still doesn't know what its name is.  He also happens to be celibate and that's by choice.  He has no time for cheap encounters, he's busy learning and keeping in shape for war.  That's a good thing, but his time to bear arms is coming...

Zebra Books, a division of Kensington Books, sent me a copy of the ARC of this book for review (thank you).  It has been published and you can get a copy now at your local bookstore.  This is the fourth and final book in the DemonSlayers series. I had not read the other books in this series, but I had no trouble following the story line in this one and understanding the references.  Based on this read, I'd suggest you get them all.

The second largest demon in Hell has aspirations of taking over earth and replacing Satan in Hell.  He has reason to have such confidence due to his strength and power he gathers from eating demons and human essence.  There is only one hitch:  Taron and a sprite named Willow.

This tale is a mix of magic and a battle between good and evil.  It's also a coming of age for Taron.  His sword finally speaks and he finds he loves Willow.  

The demon will use anything he can to achieve his goal, from closing portals to possessing a loved one's body.  Can an untrained warrior and a sprite beat a demon?  You'd best read this book if you want to find out...

I really enjoyed this story.  If you'd like my ARC, please comment here on my blog and email at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and why you'd like to read this book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

joannie said...

Hi this is a very interesting story i have not read this series yet. If you send me this one i will buy the others for a new series for me and my granddaughter to read. We read about the same books. I try to keep her in as many books possible. Plus this will help with cost, since i am disable its hard but i will do anything to keep her in books thats how much she Loves to read. She is 8th grade with a 12.9 reading level. now in advance classes. I have been keeping her with books for years and now it has finally paying off. Young Girls are going to need all the help they need in this world to make it i feel. Thanks Joannie jscddmj [at] aol [dot] com

ChristyJan said...

I’ve been a fan for years of Kate Douglas and her Wolf Tale series.
And, I have the first 3 books in her Demonslayers series, but I haven’t read them yet.
I would love to win your ARC and have the final book ~ (then I could read the complete set.)

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...