Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Don't Die Under the Apple Tree by Amy Patricia Meade

Poor Rosie.  Her boss is willing to promote her after a little romp in the sack with her.  She tells him no definitively and the whole warehouse witnesses it.  Then he shows up dead the next morning.  She didn't kill him, but does anyone believe her?

Kensington Books sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  It will be published this month, so look for a copy at your local bookstore.

I wanted to read this one for two reasons:  I love mysteries and I knew a "Rosie the Riveter" in my hometown of Chehalis, Washington.  One of my councilmembers had worked at the airport doing riveting during this era in time.  

This murder mystery does not disappoint.  While the foreman had harassed most of the women working at the facility, there were also men who didn't like him much.  It also appeared the mob was exchanging supplies with lesser quality items for their own profit.  So suspects are abundant.

Rosie is trying to find out who murdered him to protect herself, the cop is trying to keep her out of it, and the killer was the last person I would have suspected.  It's a well put together mystery that has a solid story line.

Why not take a walk with Rosie and see what you can find out about crime?

If you'd like my ARC, leave a comment here on the blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and why you'd like to read this book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

ChristyJan said...

This sounds like a fun mystery ~ I’d like to take a walk with Rosie and find out about crime. ;)

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...