Thursday, May 10, 2012

Buried in Buttercream by G A McKevett

All Savannah wants to do is marry Dirk.  This shouldn't be so hard, should it?

Kensington Books sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  The book has been published, so you can grab a copy at your local bookstore now.

After working with Dirk on cases for a while, they suddenly found they were more than friends.  She's pleased with that, but she finds it's harder to get married than she thought.  Especially when your wedding planner gets killed and you become a suspect...

Ms. McKevett writes a good mystery touched with romance that makes you laugh in between (or during) detective work.  The wedding doesn't just get cancelled once.  Poor Savannah and Dirk are beginning to wonder if maybe they shouldn't just elope.

I really enjoyed this cozy mystery and will be watching for the next Savannah Reid mystery.  I don't think she and Dirk are done solving crimes yet.  And I'm glad.

If you like my copy of this ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and then email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and tell me why you'd like to read this book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

ChristyJan said...

This sounds like a fun and entertaining cozy mystery ~ and I do love some laughs in my who-done-its.

Rachael said...

This book sounds really good. Anything that makes me laugh is a win-win for me. I just finished reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth which was excellent but very heavy stuff. I need something lighter definitely.

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...