Sunday, August 15, 2010

Petunia Pepper's Picture Day by Cathy Breisacher


Everybody knows that if it's time for your school picture you're going to have a bad hair, a zit on your face, some bruising or scratches from a fall or something. School pictures never turn out nice...

This is a very cute picture book illustrated by Christian Elden and has been published by Warner Press. Net Galley provided this ebook edition for my review.

The author has a very good idea of how hard it is to stay clean when you're a kid. Things just seem to happen. I know my Mom got real mad at me when my cousins and I played baseball in a cow field on Easter and I slid in to home plate with my new white Easter dress on. (I mean, what's the big deal with a bit of cow poop?) At least I wasn't getting my school picture taken!

Petunia Pepper has never had a really good school picture, so she made up her mind that this year would be different. She got all ready for school and was picture perfect. But it was a long way to school...

Young children will love the tales of her misadventures on the way - and the ending is great. I recommend this book for children in grades K-4,they will love the magical illustrations and the gyrations poor Petunia goes through. A fun read! And it's now available at your local bookstore - check it out.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...