Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dog Loves Books by Louise Yates


What avid reader or bookseller wouldn't like this book? It's precious!

Alfred A Knopf Books for Young Readers published this book and has sent me a copy for review. I'm putting my copy in my personal library because it's so "me".

Dog loves everything about books: how they feel, how they smell, just everything about them. (So do I...)

So he opens a bookstore. (So did I.) And no one comes in to buy books. This not a unique problem for booksellers. After waiting for a while, Dog decides he'll read some of his new books to pass the time. And then he gets his first customer...

This book really does a great job of showing a child the wonders of reading and how much fun it can be to "travel" with a story.

I highly recommend this book. It's great for reading aloud at day cares or with groups of young children as well as a wonderful gift for your budding reader at home. It's for ages 4-8 and Ms. Yates illustrations are delightful.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...