Friday, September 25, 2015

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: Down Town by Jim Butcher, Mark Powers

It was just a normal day at the pawnshop until the monster arrived and killed him...

Dynamite Entertainment and Net Galley let me read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published October 13th.  You'll want to get a copy then.  I just found this author and he writes mean tales with supernatural elements and lots of excitement.  You won't want to miss it.

Graphic novels are still like a secret pleasure for me.  I always read comics, but they were so short.  Now publishers are bringing several out in one edition so you can take in the whole story at once.  That's so much better.

Harry Dresden is training Molly.  When he gets called out on the pawn shop owner's death, she goes along.  It's an ugly death.  And the evidence looks like slime.  What could it be?

You have a nasty lady cop, a former friend of Harry's who now provides protection for others and more in this story.  I lusted over Thomas, Harry's half-brother who is a vampire.  He and Harry just chat but I'd love to see more of him.  Sorry, Harry love, my heart has been taken.

I really enjoy what Molly can do and how she grows more confident in her abilities during these stories.  I also enjoyed their magical dog.  And, Harry, wasn't too bad himself.  If you ever find yourself in a bind, he's the kind of guy that would good to have on your side.

Read it; you won't be bored.  The graphics are great, too.  Mr. Butcher and Mr. Powers make a great team.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...