Monday, September 3, 2012

Mr Noah and His Family by Jane Werner

Here is another Classic Golden Book I missed.  I imagine it's been out of print for a long time and I'm glad to see it resurrected.

Random House Kids sent me a copy of this Little Golden Book for review (thank you).  The book has been published.  Check the new ones at your local bookstore.  This series is charming.

Mr. Noah's ark is a toy.  There is a variety of stuffed toys inside, all in pairs of two.  The illustrations are done by Alice and Martin Provensen and they look alive.  The drawings are exquisite.

I have to admit that I wish I had one of these toys.  Reading the book made me smile and I'd have fun admiring the toy up close.  Ah, well, it's been a long time since 1948 and I probably should smile at the story and not worry about trying to acquire the toy!

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Never had this toy or this book, but definitely looks like one that every child should have.

Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

Descendants of the Fates are always born in threes: one to weave, one to draw, and one to cut the threads that connect people to the things ...