Barry der Menschenretter is the most famous St. Bernard dog in history and this is his story.
Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this for review (thank you). It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.
I like this series. It's fictional but it's full of facts about the dog breed it's showcasing. I didn't know St. Bernards were related to Mastiffs!
The story begins with Barry as a puppy and relates his many rescues from avalanches. He guided travelers as well as protected them and saved them. Time Jessell's illustrations are just gorgeous and add to the pleasure of reading this series. There is an appendix of useful facts about St. Bernards at the back of the book.
If you have a child that likes animals or one that has an interest in history, this is a great book for them. If you have a child that is just interested in reading, they won't want to miss this one either.
Happy reading.
I'm Jo Ann Hakola, The Book Faerie, bookworm and bookseller. I have been selling books since January of 2000. It's a homebased business and I sell online only. Here is my website: http:www.bookfaerie.com I offer free shipping stateside. It's a one woman endeavor, and I love working for myself. I have over 6,000 books online now. I do book reviews from a reader's point-of-view and try to spread the magic of reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham
Everyone has secrets. Some are stranger than others. Madison Albi is a scientist with a very special talent – for reading minds. When she s...
-
For devotees of the Golden Age mystery, the impossible crime story represents the period’s purest form: it presents the reader with a baffli...
-
Hattie's grandfather taught her how to make moonshine. She's using those skills to run her own business. Berkley let me read this b...
-
Olivia Harper finds herself entangled in the lavish world of Richard Bennett, a man whose charm is as vast as his secrets. When Richard is f...

No comments:
Post a Comment