They've taken care of the first grade class' hamster for the summer and had a good time doing it. Imagine their surprise when on the first day of school the hamster and the aquarium holding it is missing!
Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you). It's been published so you can get a copy of this book (and the others in the series) at your local bookstore now.
In Goldi's place, they find a keychain with a sneaker on it. They are green sneakers with orange lightning on the sides. They don't mean a thing to the kids.
As they head out for school and try to figure out what to tell the first grade teacher, they find more green keychains and more theft. They also find a real pair of sneakers hanging up high. For something they've never seen before, they are sure seeing a lot of it now.
They have a new teacher this year. When they start to talk to her about the green sneakers, she shows them the ones she's wearing. It's an exact match! Is she in on the thefts? How can they find out?
This is an amusing tale with a cute ending. This written for ages 6-9 and they will have fun discovering how many people have new keychains. They'll also enjoy seeing how it's resolved.
Happy reading.
I'm Jo Ann Hakola, The Book Faerie, bookworm and bookseller. I have been selling books since January of 2000. It's a homebased business and I sell online only. Here is my website: http:www.bookfaerie.com I offer free shipping stateside. It's a one woman endeavor, and I love working for myself. I have over 6,000 books online now. I do book reviews from a reader's point-of-view and try to spread the magic of reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham
Everyone has secrets. Some are stranger than others. Madison Albi is a scientist with a very special talent – for reading minds. When she s...
-
For devotees of the Golden Age mystery, the impossible crime story represents the period’s purest form: it presents the reader with a baffli...
-
Hattie's grandfather taught her how to make moonshine. She's using those skills to run her own business. Berkley let me read this b...
-
Olivia Harper finds herself entangled in the lavish world of Richard Bennett, a man whose charm is as vast as his secrets. When Richard is f...

No comments:
Post a Comment