Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Very Hairy Christmas by Susan Lowell

Today is December 1st and I have saved this book review for today.  I read about the three javelinas in the first book Ms. Lowell published and just loved them.  They are in my personal collection as a keeper.  So I asked to review this one also and it's also great!

Rio Chico sent me a copy of this story for review (thank you).  It has been published and you really need to have a copy of this to read this Christmas season or as a gift under the tree.  You'll be missing out if you don't read it.

The three javelinas are decorating the tree and getting ready for Christmas.  Their little adobe house is all dressed up and they're excited about Christmas!

Mr. Harris' illustrations are such fun.  How can you not like the little javelina girl with her crossed-eyes?  The boys are dressed as cowboys and their Christmas cookies have a secret ingredient.  (That's a good thing.)  When Santa Claws shows up, he's not bringing presents.  But when he eats a cookie, they soon find out who snuck down their chimney!

These stories are cute, funny, and sweet.  Since I live in New Mexico, I can relate to the characters in the story very easily.  But even if I didn't live here, I'd still love this series.  After all, this one is a keeper for me, too.  You'll have to buy your own...

Happy reading.   

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...