Sunday, May 24, 2020

Love & Other Crimes : Stories by Sara Paretsky

There are fourteen short stories in this anthology.  They are collected from stories she wrote for other collections.  I only recognized two, the others were all new to me.

William Morrow and Edelweiss allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published June 30th.

These stories are about life.  Many are set in Chicago.  These are not happy stories but they have the ring of truth.

From gang shootings to two cousins fighting over one term paper for scholarship, you get the feeling you're living there.  Many of the situations covered reminded me of incidents in my home town.  There, they weren't as big or as public as the ones in the story are.  Small town versus large, I suppose.

Ms. Paretsky's stories stick with you and make you glad that your life isn't that exciting...

No comments:

The Reinvented Detective by Cat Rambo and Jennifer Brozek

The evolution of crime, punishment, and justice in the future. What happens when time and technology change the definition of crime and pun...