Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Case of the Cursed Dodo (The Endangered Files, #1) by Jake G. Panda

Jake is a private investigator.  He's also a panda, and he's always in trouble.  I like Jake and think you will, too.

The author kindly sent me a copy of this book to read for review (thank you).  You can purchase it in Kindle form or print on Amazon.

He calls this Jungle Noir and it sure is.  He's got a quote from Humphrey Bogart's scene in Casablanca (it works well here, too) and the whole book is "peopled" with animals.  If it's hard for you to imagine a hardboiled, mean python snake, you won't have as much fun reading this as I did.  It's full of impossible situations, there's an underground rescue team for endangered animals, and Jake is falling in love again.  Anything can happen here and most of it does!

I like the puns, how the characters survive the disasters and the ending is fabulous.  This is just the first in the Endangered Files series and I'm already looking forward to the second.  Jake G. Panda is some guy.  Of course, I've been partial to pandas all my life because that was kind of teddy bear I had when I was small.  (I still have him, too, even if he's not pretty anymore.)  Come to think about it, I bet Jake is a little worse for wear after his activities in this story, too.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...