Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ali in Wonderland And Other Tall Tales by Ali Wentworth

Ali Wentworth writes a memoir that is honest, amusing and shocking.  This is the story of her life and as you read it you think this couldn't possibly all happen to ONE person.  Yes, it can!

HarperCollins sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  It was published February 7th, so you can find a copy at your local bookstore now.

I was not familiar with Ali but had read that she had a sense of humor, so I decided to try her book.  I'm not fond of non-fiction, but this reads like fiction.  She pulls no punches talking about her escapades.  From well planned ideas that failed to experiences that were less than rewarding, Ali soldiers on with life.  She's blunt and honest about her road to adulthood.  Ali has traveled more than I would think anyone would in her younger years.  She learned more from that than she did from college.  And she also learned to use humor to make life more bearable and interesting.

She finds love on a blind date, with a man named George.  It wasn't until I started some blurbs online that I learned that "George" is George Stephanopoulos.  I'd have married him, too.

This is a very entertaining read that is never boring.  If I were to put it in a few words, Ali is nuts.  She'd be fun to go out to lunch or dinner with.  We may have nothing in common, but the stories she could tell...

This book is a very enjoyable read.  If you'd like to get my copy of the ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and then email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your NAME AND ADDRESS and tell me why you'd like to read the book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

ChristyJan said...

Sounds like a hoot ~ please enter me

A Full Moon in August by Joseph H. Randolph

Take a seat beside Thomas on a journey across Canada, from Toronto to Vancouver in 1981. For Thomas, this trip is a plunge into the unknown ...