Monday, May 25, 2009

Like fajitas?

I make a quick and easy batch of fajitas about every 6 weeks. Hubby and I both love 'em and, if I'm lucky, there's enough for me to have lunch the next day.

Get a skirt steak or a thin chuck steak, and cut it into strips. I take the fat off it, too. I throw that in a frying pan and add a little Worcestershire sauce on it with some salt and pepper and begin browning it.

Then I dice up onion, green pepper, red pepper, orange and yellow peppers, mushrooms if I have them.

When the meat is done, I add the veggies and saute them until they're done. Add more water if it looks like the meat needs more moisture.

Slop that on a plate, microwave a tortilla, and it's heaven!

You can use whatever veggies appeal to you. Green pepper and onion are the standard fajita fare, but I add more because I love vegetables.

3 comments:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

That sounds really good. I really like using tortillas too and putting lots of different things in there. But it has been awhile since I made something so good with the strips of steak... it sounds great. And maybe a dollop of sour cream and some salsa? Mmmmmmm.

Journey of a Bookseller said...

We use salsa - lots of salsa!

If you don't happen to like Worcestershire sauce, you can also use soy sauce, but that taste as good to me.

It's been a good way to get us to eat vegetables.

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Soy sauce doesn't taste as good to me...

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...