Friday, August 2, 2019

Grim, Grit, and Gasoline (Dieselpunk & Decopunk Fairy Tales) by Rhonda Parrish

This is an anthology of new original stories written loosely based on Grimms fairy tales.  They are all unique and fun to read.  I really enjoyed this collection.

World Weaver Press sent me an ARC of this book to read for review (thank you).  It will be published September 3rd. I'm keeping this one for my personal library.

It features stories by Zannier Alejandra, Alicia K. Anderson, Jack Bates, Patrick Bollivar, Sara Cleto, Amanda C. Davis, Jennifer R. Donohue, Juliet Harper, Blake Jessop, A.A. Medina, Lizz Donnelly, Nellie Neves, Wendy Nikel, Brian Trent, Alena Van Arendonk, Laura VanArendonk Baugh, Sarah Van Goethem, and Robert E. Vardeman.

I really enjoyed the story of two women who beat the devil at his own game.  Another one I won't forget soon had a talking plane.

This collection is a winner.  If you like fantasy, you'll like this book.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...