Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bears Make the Best Reading Buddies by Carmen Oliver

Everyone needs a reading partner in class.  One little girl tells the teacher she already has one.  When she shows them the bear, it's a big bear.  Even the teacher is a bit scared.  So the girl explains why he's good to read with.

Capstone Books for Young Readers and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published March 1st, so you can grab a copy then.

Since I'm an avid reader, I had to read this book.  I have cats that sit with me when I read.  I also own teddy bears.  But this big bear is even better.  She can sit in his lap.  Sometimes she reads to him, sometimes he reads to her.  He'll hold the book so they both can see it.  He's a kind friend that likes books, too.  That makes a perfect kind of person to read with.  

My Mom and I read together when I was growing up.  Later in life, she'd come to visit and we'd both sit and read our books together.  Drove my Dad nuts but we were happy.  Being together was good and reading was fun.  Do you read with your children?

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...