Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Windy Day by Tony Sandoval

She's making a kite.  She loves flying it on a windy day.  She asks her brother if he wants to come along but he's busy with something else and he says no.  As she walks through the woods she feels like someone is watching her but she can't see them.  Just as she gets her kite nice and high, a pirate cloud appears.  They'll steal her kite but there's no way to stop them...

Lion Forge and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book (thank you).  It will be published May 14.

They grab the kite, and run down the string to get her!  They're goblins and they eat children.  She's scared.  But when a big wolf dog comes out of the forest to her aid, she has hope.  

This is a story of a developing friendship.  I enjoyed it.  My dog protected me when I was young so I can relate.

No comments:

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...