Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Grandpa's Stories: A Book of Remembering by Joseph Coelho

This little girl spends time with her grandfather and asks him to tell her stories about his life.  He obliges and she listens carefully.  My mother's father did that with me.  Nothing is more fun than to sit with Grandpa and listen to his tales...

Abrams Young Readers sent me a copy of this book to read for review (thank you).  It is publishing today.

They go for walks, sit under the trees together and visit his memories of the past.  He's fun to be with and will play with her, too.  But when he passes away, the stories stop and she's sad.  Until she remembers that now she can tell his tales and keep his stories close around her heart to make her feel better.

My Grandpa played motor cars with me and we both putt-putted them along the highways I made in the campground space we occupied.  My folks were too busy to do that, but Grandpa took the time to play with me.  That's something you never forget.  It's been years now, but I still think of him often.  She'll remember her Grandpa time for the rest of life, too.

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...