Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Surprise for Christmas and Other Seasonal Mysteries by Martin Edwards (Edited by) Series: British Library Crime Classics


This is a nice set of mysteries that center around Christmas.  Some are theft, some are murder, and some are just mysterious.

Poisoned Pen Press and Edelweiss let me read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published on October 12th.

My favorite of these stories are the ones that are shorter in length and have an ironic last line.  Nothing I read here was bad.  Sometimes the perfect plan failed because the human wasn't perfect.

I like to read short stories and these take you right to Christmas where hot chocolate and lights make you feel better.

I enjoyed this read. Why don't you give it a try?

No comments:

Goliath and the Gang by David Whittet

Aaron was just five years old when they took his mother away … Raised by his aunt after losing his mother, he’s bullied by his uncle and to...