Saturday, September 17, 2016

Counterpart by Hayley Stone

What do you do when part of the station is blown up and the witnesses say it was you that planted the bomb?  Rhona finds herself in front of the council trying to answer that question.  She has her own witness but since he's her bodyguard they aren't sure who to believe...

Hydra and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published October 11th.

 This series is an intense read.  When I was invited to read the next in the series, I thought about it.  I did want to know where the author was going to go next in the story, so I said yes.  I'm glad I did.  This one had me sitting on the edge of my chair all the way through and now I have to read the next book too.

Rhona finally figures out it must be another clone.  She's having a hard enough time adjusting to life after death, now she's got a doppleganger after her.  She manages to win the fight but I'm not sure I could kill someone who was my mirror image.  Rhona has no choice, though.  And that's just the beginning.  The machines got the pods and they are bringing the other clones to life.  They are also using them as weapons.

Life isn't worth much in this world.  Individuals die so the community can live.  Whenever Rhona has to leave someone behind, she grieves.  Others are more hardhearted and only look for the greater good.

Besides trying to protect their community, Rhona is trying to get her love life straight.  That's progressing but so is the danger.  And if the machines weren't bad enough, now the Russians are trying to sabotage them.  

This is a very dangerous world.  I can tell that Rhona will have even more challenges in the next book.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...