Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Complete Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Leah Moore, John Reppion

Most everyone has read Alice in Wonderland at some point in their life.  I've read several different editions.  I have to say this graphic novel was one of the most fun ways to do it.  It's great for young ones who haven't met Alice yet, too.

Dynamic Entertainment and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It is being published today, so grab a copy now.

The graphics make this story come to life.  The story itself is a synopsis of the Lewis Carroll story and it makes it much easier to understand.  The Mad Hatter looks mad, the Queen of Hearts has no love for anyone, and the Cheshire cat shows his smile the most.  There's even reference to the Wasp.

This makes a quick read, made me smile in places and I loved examining the animals and cards that the illustrator used.  There are a lot of odd things pictured and I found that these illustrations were fairly close to my own imagination.  I'd like to say that shows good taste, but it might just mean we're both weird...

Let you child read this story in this form and they'll be another Alice lover.  No need to wade through all of Carroll's words to get the tale.

No comments:

Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

Descendants of the Fates are always born in threes: one to weave, one to draw, and one to cut the threads that connect people to the things ...