Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Iron Traitor - The Iron Fey, Call of the Forgotten by Julie Kagawa

It's best never to fall in love with a fairy.  Somehow the fae always seem to take more than they give...

Harlequin Teen and Net Galley have given me the opportunity to read this ebook for review (thank you).  The book will be published October 29th, so why not pre-order it now?

I've been following this series since the beginning and I never know what Ms. Kagawa will do next.  Her plots are well thought out and devious.  Her words excite me and offend me both.  I normally want to rewrite part of her story; she's merciless with her characters.  Yet each time a new book comes out, I read it.

This book is about Ethan and his nephew, Keirran.  Keirran's girlfriend is a fairy that is fading away and he's willing to do anything to keep her alive, even if it means he dies sooner himself.

Ethan has found a love interest of his own, his sister wants him to find Keirran and have him come home so they can deal with this problem together, and Keirran is only interested in saving his love.  The fact that he might be beginning a fairy war means nothing to him.

I hate the ending of this book.  I really do.  I'm sure the next book will probably "fix" this ending, but I don't like cliff hangers on the last pages of a story.  Leave possibilities, don't slam the door on your way out.  It's shocking to say the least.  It's not against fae nature, it's just nasty.

Why don't you read it and tell me what you think?  Did this story gut you or was it just "ho hum" storytelling to you?

Happy reading.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...