Thursday, October 31, 2013

Little Ghost Party by Jacques Duquennoy

It's Halloween!  How about a party?  How about a party with ghosts?

Abrams Books sent me a copy of this novelty book for review (thank you).  It's been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

This book just tickles me.  If I had received it as a child, I'd have played with it for hours and hours.  It's a good pick me up anytime book that has an interactive component that makes it a winner.

The first page of this book says "Join the dance circle...and watch Little Ghost shake it!  The ghost is within the book page and has a little chain attached to it on both sides.  The author has illustrations on either side of the ghost that show how you can make the ghost dance by moving the book in certain directions.  I know I spent five minutes on the first page myself.  My husband even thinks this is a neat book and he's not big on books.

You've got the worm dance, a cat's tail to move and my favorite page:  The ghost takes his hat off and you get to move his hair around!

If you need a Halloween treat that will make a child laugh and play, this book is it.  I like it so much I'm going to add it to my personal library.  I'll play with it again...

If you think you're not sold, look at this YouTube video and tell me it's not cute:  Little Ghost Party

Happy reading.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...