Friday, November 9, 2012

Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (And Other Thankful Stuff) by Barbara Park

Junie B is a wonderful character!  She's outspoken, opinionated, and never shuts up.  She's much more of an extrovert than I ever was, but I do recognize some of these personality traits.  Reading about Junie B is fun.

Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  This is the first original book in this series for five years, so it's special.  It's also about Thanksgiving and would make a great gift for your young reader.  Check with your local bookstore for a copy.

There were several fun parts to this story.  They were sharing what they were thankful about on Thanksgiving.   The list was almost all food.  One young boy thought toilet paper was the best.  One named all his turkeys and they had their pictures taken eat it!  

They also have a unique way to avoid avoid eating food they don't like.  You'll have to read the book to see how that is accomplished.  You'll laugh when you find out.

The best part of this Thanksgiving for me is that Random House sent me an extra book for giveaway.  It'd be a great book for reading aloud.

If you'd like to win a copy of this book, leave a comment here on my blog and then email me at info at bookfaerie.com and I'll pick a winner in about a week.  

Happy reading.  

3 comments:

Ivy said...

I love Junie B. Read them to my kids when they were little and then read them again to my grandson. Now I am buying them for my great nieces. I am sure that this would be a great addition to their collection. There father is the one that reads them to the girls and he says that he enjoys them as much as the girls. I am always looking for a new way to get them to read so these books are for sure a great start to becoming bookworms like me.

ChristyJan said...

My little 5-year-old granddaughter just started reading a few months ago and Junie B. is her favorite series.

SusanB said...

My little grandson loves JunieB. Thanks for the opportunity to win this book.

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...