Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Book Review: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larson

The story starts a bit slow, but when it starts rolling, you better hang to your seat! He's a journalist who was sued for libel and has to do some jail time. It seems one of his informants fed him some bad information on purpose. She's a messed up young adult who has emotional troubles and doesn't trust anyone in the world. At first she is the one investigating him - then he hires her to work for him to solve a 40 year old mystery!

The story is full of undercurrents, different agendas, more than one unsolved crime, and chemistry between the journalist and the Dragon Tattoo girl.

There are more books in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in print. I'm also sad to say that the author has died from a heart attack, so these will be only treasures he'll be sharing with us.

I'm anxious to see where it goes from here in this trilogy.

Again, this one is an Advanced Reader's Copy and I'd be happy to share it with someone.

Just leave me a comment, email me with your info and tell me why you'd like book and I'll pick someone to share it with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo Ann, Trying for this one! As mentioned last week this is right up my alley and I love mystery series as you can get into them quickly and the characters feel like old friends.

Elizabeth

gautami tripathy said...

I enjoyed reading Beat the Reaper. I will post my review soon.

This too seems like a book one can read at one go. You can consider me for a draw, if possible. I am going to send you an email!

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Remember to email me, too. I can't respond to you directly through a comment!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...