Sunday, February 3, 2019

Dragonfell by Sarah Prineas

Rafi is a boy who lives with his father.  His mother died long ago.  He's a bit odd and scares some people but he's a nice boy.  It's just that he has been dragon touched.  Heat and cold don't bother him.  He tries to hide his differences but it's hard when a factory owner comes to town, sees what he is and wants him.  He doesn't want to go with them.  So they come back to kidnap him...

HarperCollins and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published on March 6th.

His father tells him he will have to run to stay free.  He heads out for the next town with a dragon.  Theirs disappeared and he thinks it's dead, so he'll see if the other dragon can explain it.  What he finds is that someone is killing dragons and intends to kill them all.  The little dragon tells him he must save them if anyone can.  When he finds a young girl being left as dragon food, he saves her.  They head out together to fight for the dragons.

The factory man is after him, so it's a challenge to stay ahead of them.  Not all the dragons are very friendly so that's scary, too.  And when he gets to final challenge, he finds something out about himself he never knew.

This is written for young adults and it's written well.  I enjoyed reading it.  I don't think the war between men and dragons is over but at least it's settled down for a while.

2 comments:

Clipping Path said...

I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing

Lynne Allen said...

Hi Admin, I hope are fine. I'm your one of the biggest fans, I like to read your blogs and I've also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope in future you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks on my behalf of me and from my family and friends.

1947 Housing Islamabad
Capital Smart City
Lahore Smart City
New Metro City Gujar Khan
Skip Hire Near Me

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...