Monday, February 18, 2019

Chicks Rule! by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen

These chicks are smart, all have various talents, and they want to join the Rocket Club.  When they see a notice that says "No Chicks Allowed", they get mad.  Why should they be discriminated against?

Abrams Young Readers sent me a copy of this book to read for review (thank you).  It has been published and you can grab a copy now.

Renee Kurilla is the illustrator and you can look at the chicks and figure out what most of them do.  The illustrations are cute and add to the storyline.

The chicks find some room in a barn and begin building their own rocket.  They don't invite the roosters to help.  And they create their very own rocket...

Nothing makes me more intent to do something than for someone to tell me I can't.  I've proved "I CAN" several times in my life.  I could relate to this story and I enjoyed it.

Share it with your little one and teach her not to listen to naysayers.  She'll enjoy her life more.

No comments:

Black Magic Kitten by Sara Bourgeois

Kinsley Skeenbauer never thought she would go home. At seventeen, she’d left Coventry and didn’t look back. But after a messy divorce, she p...