Monday, October 1, 2018

Postcards From a War by Vanita Oelschlager

When her father went to war, she waited at home for his return and read the postcards he sent.  He never mentioned any danger.  He even sent some illustrations to show her the camp.

VanitaBooka and Net Galley let me read this book for review (thank you).  It has been published so you can grab a copy now.

Thia is a collection of postcards the author got from her father.  My father served in the same war but I wasn't born yet so his letters were mostly love letters to my mom.  Vanita's letters are to a family and sweet in their own right.

When men go to war, you never know if they will return.  Letters keep your hope alive...

No comments:

Lioness of Punuab by Anita Jari Kharbanda

“We will fight here,” I commanded the warriors. “We are strong. We will have no fear. As Sikh warriors, we are ready to fight for justice. V...