Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Presents Flush Fiction

The subtitle of this book is:  88 Short-Short Stories You Can Read in a Single Sitting.  Now if that didn't make you moan enough, you need to know that several of these stories are based on bodily functions.  That said, they are a fun little collection to read with stories of all types.

Portable Press, a division of Baker & Taylor Publishing and Net Galley allowed me to download a copy of this book for review (thank you).  This was issued in paperback form the first of April.  Check your local bookstore for a copy.

These stories range from mysteries, horror, fantasy, and humor into almost any other genre you can think of.  Each story was entertaining and interesting.  Some made me laugh, some made me shake my head, some scared me.  But I was never bored.

If you enjoy short stories, you'll enjoy this book.  And, if you're like my brother and like to read while in the bathroom, this will work for you, too.  Why not get a copy and see what you think of it?

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surely EVERYONE reads in the bathroom? Great idea for a book!

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...