Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Falcon by Tim Jessell

Birds have always had a fascination for me.  My parents and grandparents pointed out different types and showed me how to identify them.  I still check them out and use a bird book to be sure I'm identifying them properly.  Reading a picture book about falcons is right up my alley.

Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  The book has been published and you can find a copy at your local bookstore.

With simple text and eye swelling illustrations, your child will feel like he/she is flying along with the bird as the falcon travels cross country.  Mr. Jessell's illustrations are magnificent.  I'd be happy to put a few on my wall as prints.

Falcons are strong, beautiful in flight, and they will fly for miles looking for prey.  Most times you only get a glimpse of them, but this book lets you take a good look at one.

Why not share some bird knowledge with your child?

Happy reading.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...