Saturday, April 21, 2012

Green Lantern Vol. 1: Sinestro (The New 52) by Geoff Johns

I've always loved comics.  I used to read them as a child and always got teased about reading them instead of a book.  I persisted, though.  And I'm now happy to see that they have become "in vogue" and even adults can read them without shame now. 

DC Comics and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book in digital form for review (thank you).  The hardcover will be published May 22nd so if you're a comic fan, make a note on your TBR list.

The Green Lantern has been around forever.  I read about him at Grandma's house.  There was a little bitty book done in comic form there featuring him there.  Plastic Man was there, too.  So I grabbed this when I saw it for review.  It was like going home.

The graphics are sharper and more detailed than they used to be and they have added some tricks to the Green Lantern's talent, but you can easily tell who the "bad guy" is.  Only Sinestro is not as bad as he used to be.

This includes the first six issues of the The Green Lantern and I read it in one sitting.  Comics are fun and keep me going.  It takes the six issues to fill the story out well enough to make a satisfying read.  I used to remember reading a comic I brought home from the store and being frustrated because I had to wait another month for a new issue continuing the story.  Reading this 1-6 volume issue is much better!

Why not check out this comic and the other ones available nowadays?  They're still a good read!

Happy reading.                       

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...