Monday, September 9, 2019

The Last Seance: Tales of the Supernatural by Agatha Christie

I've been reading Agatha Christie my whole life.  She was in Grandma and Grandpa's bookcase, so when I stayed with them, I'd read her stories.  Sitting down to read this one was like going home again.  I even have that old bookcase myself now.  They gave it and the books to me.  I was not disappointed in these stories.

William Morrow and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published September 24th.

There are twenty stories included in this anthology.  You get to visit with Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple in a few.  Some I had read before but most were new to me.  These are old stories so they move at a slower pace and the clues are hidden well.  There were no bad stories.

The story that caught my attention most was The Last Seance.  The ending was unsuspected and shocking.

I read it all in one sitting.  You could read a couple of stories a day and savor them.  I'm too avid a reader to do that.

This book is great for Agatha Christie fans or for anyone who enjoys creepy tales.  I enjoyed it, why don't you give it a try?

No comments:

Lioness of Punuab by Anita Jari Kharbanda

“We will fight here,” I commanded the warriors. “We are strong. We will have no fear. As Sikh warriors, we are ready to fight for justice. V...