Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Small Bunny's Blue Blanket by Tatyana Feeney

Did you have a favorite blanket as a child?  I did.  I had respiratory problems as a child and spent a lot of time inside with a humidifier and medicine.  I developed an attachment to a tiger print blanket.  It spent time on my bed, on the couch with me, and outside under the pear tree when I read.  (I still have it.)  I can relate to Small Bunny and his blue blanket.

Alfred A Knopf Books for Young Readers sent me a copy of this board book for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

Small Bunny uses his blue blanket for everything.  It helps him swing higher, paint better and even read harder words.  When his mother wants to wash it, he doesn't want her to.  He likes it the way it is!  Clean, it's just not the same.  But when he drags it around with him to play, it goes right back to being "perfect."

This is a very cute board book with simple text and illustrations.  If your child has a blanket, you need to get this book for them.  They'll love it!

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...