Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Little Frog's Tadpole Trouble by Tatyana Feeney

Little Frog has Mom and Dad and they make three.  He's perfectly happy with that and isn't thrilled when his parents tell him they are having nine tadpoles.  What can tadpoles do???

Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this picture book for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

I was the oldest sibling in my family and I sure didn't want my little brother.  I couldn't understand what I'd done wrong that made them want another child.  And if they wanted one, I either wanted a younger sister or an older brother.  Too bad Mom wouldn't cooperate.

If you are expecting, this is nice picture book that shows how tadpoles were boring when young and then how much fun they had together when they turned into frogs.  Even little brothers grow up some day.

I liked the use of colors in the illustrations.  It's mainly green, with little pink touches here and there.  That simple color use made them stand out.  The story is easy to read, topical for new parents, and suitable for all young readers.  Maybe the new baby idea is someone else in the family or in your circle of friends.  It also teaches the child about how tadpoles turn into frogs.

I have to admit, I found frogs much more interesting than tadpoles, too.  How about you?

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...