Friday, September 29, 2017

The Graphic Canon of Crime and Mystery, Vol. 1 by Russ Kick

This is an unusual presentation for crime and mystery stories but I like it!  Most of them are highlights of the story and quickly read.  Some I spend more time looking at the graphics then I did the text.  There's also a mix of artistry and styles in the graphics, so even as you read it, the book changes.

Seven Stories Press and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  it will be published October 31st.

What caught my attention was how well The Adventure of the Speckled Band presented itself in graphic form.  Since I have read the story before many times, I almost didn't want to see it in that form but it was done discretely and read well.

Another thing that caught my eye was a story I remember from the bible and still quote today when I think it applies.  I never imagined finding Jesus as a character in these tales.

The stories are from all over and they are unique in presentation.  It's very nicely done look at older stories that never had any graphics in the past.  I found it enjoyable to read.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...