Monday, September 11, 2017

Kuma-Kuma Chan's Travels by Kazue Takahashi

This picture book has pastel graphics that are understated but work real well with the story line.  I enjoy their simplicity.

Museyon and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It is being published today.

Kuma-Kuma travels a lot.  Usually in his mind but he sees wonderful things and has fun on his trips.  I grew up in the country and stayed home by myself a lot until my brother was born, so I learned to have trips in my mind, too.

He even listens to the stars and watches the birds fly for hints.  When his mind isn't fertile enough for new adventures, he lays on his roof and watches the clouds and the birds and communes with nature.

For not having many friends around, he has a good time.  He's even learning to write his own tales...

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...