Monday, September 18, 2017

The Emerald Circus by Jane Yolen, Holly Black

You know those fairy tales we're all familiar with, like Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland?  This anthology will take those tales and twist them around into something else...

Tachyon and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published on November 14th.

I read a lot of Jane Yolen and she never disappoints you.  Sometimes the tale she tells doesn't go the way I might want it to but it's always a good story.  (I also believe in making up my own ending if it makes me feel better.)

There are a variety of tales, most are short, a few fairly long.  It's pure fantasy with a touch of whimsy by a polished author.  Even Emily Dickinson makes an appearance here.

I enjoyed this collection.  Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea (or whatever you drink), find a comfy chair, and visit different lands with different dreams and familiar characters who do things differently.  My favorite is the tale about when Alice gets old and goes down the rabbit hole again...

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...