Monday, November 28, 2016

The Twilight Wife by A.J. Banner

Kyra is living in a fog.  She was a marine biologist who was diving at Deception Pass with her husband.  She got caught in the current and hit her head causing brain damage.  She now has amnesia and fits of memory.  Her husband has taken her away to an isolated island where she can recover in peace.  But she's not finding peace...

Touchstone sent me a copy of this book to read for review (thank you).  It will be published December 27th.

Kyra knows there are gaps in her memory.  Jacob keeps telling her what she's forgotten.  It bothers her that some of those memories don't feel right but that's part of the problem with her injury.  It messes up your mind enough, you're not sure about anything.  She's also on medicine that probably doesn't help.

When she goes to talk to a counselor, she tells her to quit taking the medicine and to take her time at letting her memory return.  It's a very good thing she stopped talking the drugs.

Waking up with no memory is one of my worst fears.  I don't want to lose my years of experience, my views of life and my loves.  In this story of psychological suspense, it's not until you get almost to the end of the book that she realizes how much she's being manipulated.  The worst part is that she is on an island and can't escape.  She knows she needs to.  And soon he learns she knows, too.

This is a tense read because it all sounds so reasonable and then it turns into a nightmare.  You'll remember this story even after you set the book down and read another.  I know I won't forget it easily.

1 comment:

Dora said...

Banner was my inspiration to write my own novel. Being a new author is never easy. https://usabookreviewers.com/christmas-gift helped me in my journey to a successful Indie author.

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...