Tuesday, December 1, 2015

2 A.M. at The Cat's Pajamas by Marie-Helene Bertino

Christmas Eve is coming up and life is going to change for three people.  They just don't know it yet.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review (Thank you).  It has been published so you can get a copy now.

This story includes a young girl that has lost her mother, gets bullied and has no other desire than to be able to sing at a night club.  There's the owner of the club who is just barely getting by and ignoring the law, which results in fines to the tune of $30,000.  And lastly a divorced teacher who is afraid to meet an old boyfriend because she still cares for him and he's married.  All these various interests collide on the night of Christmas Eve. 

I enjoyed reading about the odd characters that populated the book but I felt that not enough of the story was told.  All three main characters had their own stories and we just got a piece.  I wanted to know about how things worked out.  I could have used more closure to the tales.  However, now I can think out my own endings, so I guess it's not all bad.

No comments:

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...