Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Knowing Look and Other Stories by Rebecca Emin

This is collection of pithy short stories that could almost be called "flash fiction".  I enjoy short stories because the author must get his/her point across in a limited number of words with precise and concise words.  You don't get mired down in details.  Words are not wasted.  I love a good short story.

The author sent me a copy of her book because of my love for short stories (thank you).  You can buy her book on Amazon.  

All the stories were interesting and ranged in locations from Africa to rural England.  Some were thought provoking, some made you sad, and some were just about life in general.  None of them were boring.

My favorite is the first story in the book "A Knowing Look".  It's about a child in Africa who has relationship with elephants.  I won't tell you more, you need to read it yourself.  It has the ring of truth and an ironic ending.  This story will stick in my memory for a long time.

If you enjoy good short stories, scintillating thoughts and different subjects, this will be a very good read for you.  Why not buy a copy and see for yourself?
Happy reading.

1 comment:

Rebecca Emin said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my book.

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...