Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rattlesnake Rules by Conrad J Storad

This is a hardcover book printed by Five Star Publications and donated to me for review. The illustrator is Nathaniel P. Jensen, and there is a curriculum guide included.

First off, I almost didn't want to review this book because I hate snakes. But I'm very glad I did.

While written for young adults, I learned some things about rattlesnakes reading this book. It's well written, has a lot of concise information and is a great reference tool.

He points out that all the stories about rattlesnakes are not true, tells you the facts about them and how to deal with them.

The illustrations are dramatic and a bit silly and will keep the child reading.

This highly delightful book that will teach children a lot and lend itself easily to a classroom or daycare environment. There are activities for the children to participate in before reading the book and others for after. It will teach the children how much they did know and how much they learned.

I highly recommend this book - it's a great way to learn!

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...