Wednesday, March 23, 2016

London's Glory: The Lost Cases of Bryant & May and the Peculiar Crimes Unit by Christopher Fowler

This is an anthology of stories about cops.  They're English, they're interesting characters and the dynamics between them are amazing.  One is very focused on facts and evidence.  The other uses his knowledge.  When one gets stuck, the other one helps them move on and solve the crime.

Alibi and Net Galley let me read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published March 29th.

These were a fun set of who-done-its with great characters.  All the stories were good but not outstanding.  They were just what I wanted to read when I settled down for a read and I enjoyed it.

My favorite is set in a field with no footprints around a woman whose throat was cut.  I also liked the one where a woman comes in and tells them she's going to murder a man in a week and does.  They can't shake her and she won't tell them how.  The other cop walks in, makes a couple of comments and completely undoes her even though he wasn't  in on the interview!

There are some ugly crimes in here but most of them are lighter and easy reads.  Having one make you shudder makes you appreciate the others.

I'd read more about these cops.  They're unusual and work well together.  I like them.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...