Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Very, Very Noisy Tractor by Mar Pavon

Why would anyone want a noisy tractor?  This woman has a reason...

Deborah Stone and Company sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

This is the US edition with the English translation by Jon Brokenbrow.  It was originally published in Madrid, Spain.

Nivola Uya is the illustrator and the colors used are bright and cheerful.  The central figure is the woman farmer who has a huge beehive hairdo and funny clothing.  I like her.  She's happy with her life.

Something that surprised me was that the lady farmer gets comments from all the adults she goes by tell her she shouldn't be driving that tractor.  For some reason, I thought breaking glass ceilings only happened here in the states.  Silly me.

The boy that talks to her thinks the tractor is cool and that it's great her husband is waiting for her at home with a cooked meal.

When her daughter says she wants to have her own farm, her mother says she can, but be sure to get a loud tractor.  Then you don't have to listen to all those negative comments.  I like that.  

I grew up around farming so I can confirm tractors are loud.  I wonder if men use the same technique as mama farmer here...

Happy reading.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...