Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Secrets of a Runaway Bride by Valerie Bowman

She's determined to marry Arthur.  He's a good match, he says he loves her, and even if he is a bit wishy-washy he should do as a husband.  If he isn't strong enough to stand up to his father and marry her, then she's going to entice him to steal away in the night and accomplish the fact by elopement.  If only the Earl would get out of her way!

The author sent me a copy of this book when I won it at a giveaway, and I'm so glad she did (thank you)!  It has been published and it's very good romance novel.  It's rated PG, which I appreciate, and I enjoyed it.  The first one in this series was Secrets of a Wedding Night and I'm sure that one was a hoot to read, too.

Jordan was only playing guardian while her sister and his friend were on their honeymoon.  He has a beautiful French mistress and has no need for the young lady to do anything but behave properly.  Yeah, good luck with that.  Annie is strong-willed, very determined, and has low self-worth, so she's going to take what she can get and that appears to be Arthur.  When the Earl keeps fetching her home and interrupting her dates, she gets frustrated.  It's even worse when he takes her home with him and incarcerates her in his household.  It's not near the city and all visitors must get past the butler.  But she doesn't give up hope.

The more Jordan tries to contain her and the more she gets away makes him realize she's more interesting than he'd originally thought.  Since it's a long honeymoon, they have plenty of time to get to know each other.  The developing romance is tit for tat, and made me laugh.  This was going to be an interesting marriage.

If you enjoy light romances and lots of banter, this book is for you.  I'm keeping my copy for my personal library.  I like re-reading good books.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Valerie Bowman said...

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing, Secrets of a Runaway Bride! So glad you enjoyed it!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...