Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff

Are you ready for a grand adventure with an impetuous young woman who has many skills that suit an adventurer?  She reminds me of a female Indiana Jones, but she's prettier.

First Second Books and Net Galley let me download an ebook of this story for review (thank you).  It will be published August 27th, so keep an eye out for it.  I've got it written on my list so I'll remember to pick it up for my personal library.  I loved it!

This is a graphic novel and reads like a comic book.  I find this type of book appealing even though there is not room for a lot of text or a long story.  The form fits this story quite well because Delilah's skills are in the form of action.  She's either fighting or escaping but she doesn't spend much time sitting still.

The Turkish Lieutenant tickles me.  He starts out by trying to capture or kill Delilah.  After she saves his life about three times, he decides maybe he should just stick with her since he now has a price on his own head.  Then he decides he wants to settle down and bids her goodbye as she heads out on a ship.  As time goes on, he realizes he misses his exciting life and his beautiful companion.  She's agreed to travel with him again if he finds her, but can he find a woman who drifts like the wind and fears nothing?

I enjoyed this read.  It's a mix of all those action movies my husband likes to watch and I really enjoyed having a formidable female as a heroine.

Happy reading.

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...