Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier

He's orphaned, blind, and a thief; but he's a good one!


Amulet Books, an imprint of Abrams, sent me an ARC of this book to review (thank you).  The book has just been published, so you can snag a copy at your local bookstore.


This story reminded me of a cross between Peter Pan, the Harry Potter series, Oliver Twist and other fantastic fantasy tales.  It reads like a great classic tale and Mr. Auxier has an excellent imagination.


This is written for ages 10 and up, but I sure enjoyed it.  The author takes you to new worlds, lets you travel magically and with fantastic friends, and gives his main character several challenges to deal with.  It's exciting and full of never-ending action.


I can see a child reading this book more than once because there are so many things going on.  Each reread will let them understand and see something that they may have missed on the first read.


If anyone in your family enjoys a delightful fantasy tale, this is just the book for them.  It could also lead your young readers to become inspired to write their tales of further adventures for Peter.  Why stop at the end of the book?


If you'd like my ARC of this story, please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your NAME AND ADDRESS and why you'd like to read the book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.


Happy reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cross between Peter Pan and HP you say? I'm hooked already!

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...