Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Perfect Copy by Judith Gaines

This story will keep you awake at night thinking:  "What if.."


I am participating in Menage a Blog, and chose this book to "taste" this author.  It's a thriller and I was sure I would enjoy reading it, plus it has an added almost science fiction side to that really enhanced the story line.  You can pick up a copy at Smashwords or on Amazon as an ebook.


Brina lost her husband and son in an ugly accident that scarred her for life.  When she was hired to take of a child who didn't speak and was easily upset, she was more than willing to care for Roman.  She was still a mother even if her child had died.  She realizes that Matthew scientifically created Roman for the black market, so she tries to shower him with love to show him another side of humans.


The excitement all starts with the death of Matthew.  A park ranger tells her he's found him dead.  Was it an accident or was it murder?  Who would have killed Matthew?  Why would anyone want to kill Matthew?  The search for the answer to the questions sets the stage for the fear and trauma that follow.


This author does an excellent job of describing the snowbound cabin they occupy and the monsters inside and outside the building.  Bri is determined to protect Roman, but the odds aren't in her favor.


If you want a fast read that make you catch your breath as you live the nightmare that Bri faces, this book is for you.  It's a twisted tale that doesn't end happily ever after.  It ends realistically though.  And I greatly enjoyed the read.


Here is the best part:  If you leave a comment here on my blog with your email address, you'll get a link to the book for free.  Isn't that a deal?  Just comment below.  And read a good book!


Happy reading.

15 comments:

SusanB said...

This sounds like a book I would not normally read but based on your review I'll put it on my tbr list.
Thanks.
susan.byerly@comcast.net

angelabaker211 said...

Looks great, thanks for the review!
~angelabaker211@yahoo.com

Carla said...

Sounds like something I would LUV to read, Jo Ann! Would really enjoy the ebook.

Hugz,
Carla
Carla@GhostWriteHer.com

Mimi said...

e books are so great for someone who is LOW VISION so they can enlarge the print.
This sounds like an interesting book.
Thanks for posting.

Mimi
lovehim4evermee@yahoo.ca

Anonymous said...

I love these kind of books!

pattywack said...

This book sounds like my kind of reading, Jo Ann. Hugs, Patsy
gray1313@verizon.net

Kristen said...

It sounds interesting!!! I would love to give it a shot!

kristen10horses@yahoo.com

Tracy said...

"Perfect Copy" sounds really interesting. I love a good spine-tingling thriller and your review makes it sound terrific.

rivawriter@yahoo.com

Tricia said...

This sounds like a really great book, I can't wait to read it. ~ 1crazycalico@gmail.com

Classicista said...

This sounds interesting, if maybe a bit derivative of the movie, "A.I.". I'd love to read it! whynot425@gmail.com

Classicista said...

This sounds interesting, if a bit derivative of the movie, "A.I.". I'd love to read it and review on my blog!
whynot425@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great book!!
Thanks
viajeradelmar@aol.com

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I am looking forward to reading Finding Kate Huntley. I love Menage a Blog. I could do this all day, but unfortunately, I have to work some too!

egstanley@gmail.com

mj said...

"I found Kate Huntley"
Mara
marajbrandon AT earthlink DOT

Crystal R said...

i want to read it so bad...

"I found Kate Huntley"

crystal.t.rutherford @ gmail.com

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...