Monday, July 25, 2011

Bloodline by Mark Billingham

Why would a domestic murder victim have a piece of an X-ray in her hand?


Mulholland Books, a division of Little, Brown and Company, sent me an ARC of this book for review.  It was published mid-July, so you can find a copy in your local bookstore now.


This is a police procedural with a creepy twist to it.  I really enjoyed Mr. Billingham's writing style, and his story is very realistic.  When Thorne finds he's facing a serial killer, the chase is on and it will hold you in your seat until you reach the end of story.


The victim's mother had been murdered by Raymond Garvey.  The bad news is Raymond Garvey is dead now.  So who is the killer and what does an X-ray have to do with the case?  Garvey had no family, no children.  Thorne is driven to find a common denominator, but there just aren't enough clues...


The story has a good pace, was originally published in the UK so it has a British flavor, and Thorne is an enjoyable character.  He works hard, is diligent, and worries about who might die next.


Why not find your favorite armchair and follow Thorne through on his adventures?


If you'd like my ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and email at info at bookfaerie.com with your name AND address for mailing.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.


Happy reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fond of British thrillers and would love to have a copy of this. Thank you.
Tom

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Tom, you need to send me an email with your name and address to be entered in the drawing...

Tom said...

I'm sorry. I don't usually leave comments and didn't know what to do. I will send an email now.

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...