Thursday, April 17, 2008

Amazon, eBay and ????

I decided to add Abebooks to my sites I use for sales. They have a free database program called Homebase, and you add your books to that database and upload them. However, by this time I had 2,400 books online, and I didn't want to have to input that information all over again!

First I talked to ABE, who told me that I could get Amazon to download my info in a form they could use to massage into the Homebase format. They told me how to have Amazon formulate the data. Then I called Amazon, gave them the info, and they got back to me in a couple days with the results. Then I emailed that to ABE and they worked on the info and sent me a file back to put into Homebase. And I then had my stock on Homebase and ABE, too!

Now, I'm not sure that you could such good service from them now. They've both grown up and away from the booksellers who list on them, but I was very thankful for their help and still use ABE and Homebase.

Then, as later that year, I ventured into having my own website.

And that's a tale in itself...

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...